Bubble braids are a fun and trendy hairstyle that can add a playful and unique touch to your look. They work well for various hair types and lengths and are relatively easy to create. Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to do bubble braids for your hair.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Hair elastics (clear or in a color matching your hair)
- Bobby pins (optional)
- Hairspray (optional)
1. Prep Your Hair:
- Start with clean, dry, and detangled hair. Brush your hair to remove any knots or tangles.
2. Part Your Hair:
- Create a part in your hair where you want the bubble braids to start. You can have a center part or a side part, depending on your preference.
3. Section Your Hair:
- Divide your hair into two equal sections, one on each side of your part. Secure one section with a hair elastic or clip to keep it out of the way while you work on the other.
4. Create the First Bubble:
- Take the unsecured section of hair and create a regular three-strand braid starting near the top of your head.
- Braid this section until you reach the desired length for your first bubble. The length of the bubble will depend on your hair length and the style you want to achieve. Usually, it’s around 1-2 inches.
5. Secure the Bubble:
- Once you’ve braided the desired length for the first bubble, secure it with a clear or hair-colored elastic band. Make sure it’s tight enough to hold the bubble in place but not too tight to cause discomfort.
6. Create More Bubbles:
- Continue braiding the remaining unsecured section of hair, making sure to create bubbles of equal length.
- After each bubble, secure it with an elastic band.
7. Adjust and Fluff:
- Gently tug on the sides of each bubble to make them appear fuller and rounder. This will give your bubble braids a more pronounced look.
- You can also use bobby pins to secure any loose sections or to help shape the bubbles if needed.
8. Repeat on the Other Side:
- Release the secured section on the opposite side and repeat the process, creating bubbles of equal size and securing them with elastic bands.
9. Finish and Style:
- Once both sides are completed, you can choose to leave the bubble braids as they are or add some hairspray for extra hold and shine.
10. Add Accessories (Optional): – You can further customize your bubble braids by adding hairpins, beads, or other hair accessories for a unique and personalized look.
11. Final Touches: – Check your bubble braids from all angles to ensure they are symmetrical and secure any loose sections or bubbles as needed.
Bubble braids are a versatile hairstyle that you can wear casually or dress up for a special occasion. Experiment with different variations, like combining bubble braids with other braid styles or creating a half-up, half-down look with bubble braids. With practice, you can master this trendy hairstyle and make it your own.